Paris tourist map. Locate the 100 greatest tourist places to visit in Paris, stores, hotels and restaurants. Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame, Les Invalides, the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Centre Pompidou, Champs-Elysées, Montmartre, Le Marais, Shopping Centers, Department Stores. Each anchor has a link to a page on the tourist attraction. Thematic Paris maps.
You have one day. For convenience, take a half a day or a one day Paris bus tour to see the top tourist places.
If you have more time, focus each day on a tourist district: Ile de la Cité, Le Marais, Montmartre, the Left Bank, the Champs-Elysées and the Seine River Banks are some of the best tourist places. Spend a day outside of the city in Versailles Palace or another tourist place in France.
In 2018, 50 million tourists visited the city and its region. The city remains year after year the most visited one in the world ahead of London and New-York City.
The top reason to come are sightseeing and shopping. 393 000 people work for tourism in the city, the largest Airbnb market in the world.
The top sights. 2018 facts and figures in million visitors.
Download Tourism in Paris 2018 facts.
1. The Eiffel Tower was the world tallest building until 1930.
2. Sainte-Chapelle was built in 1246 as a shrine for Jesus' crown of thorns, hosted in Notre-Dame until the 2019 fire.
3. The world most famous picture, Mona Lisa, is hosted in the Louvre, the largest museum in the world.
4. French King Louis XVI was guillotined on Place de la Concorde in 1793, during the French revolution.
5. The Louis Vuitton megastore is located 101, avenue des Champs-Elysées, one of the most famous avenues in the world.
6. Pablo Picasso, the famous Spanish painter, lived in Paris from 1900 to 1946, mostly in Montmartre and Montparnasse.
7. Jim Morrison is buried in Père Lachaise cemetery.
8. Hélène de Pourtalès, born Helen Barbey in New York City, was the first woman ever to won a gold medal at the Olympics games (Paris Olympics Games 1900).
9. The universal declaration of human rights was signed in Palais de Chaillot in 1946.
10. Emperor Napoléon was buried in Les Invalides in 1840. His tomb attracts 1.2 million visitors yearly, 70% international.
More Paris facts
Print and use in town printable Paris tourist map pdf
Locate metro stations on the map. Find your itinerary in the city. Check our metro maps
Locate our favorite hotels on hotel map.
Locate the best shopping venues on shopping map: includes fashion streets, department stores.
Explore the most exclusive district in town with streetview on map of Champs-Elysées.
Discover Montmartre, the last village in the City of Lights, Sacré-Coeur and its other top sights on Montmartre map.
Locate and view the top monuments on monument map. Includes Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame. Louvre Museum, Sacré-Coeur, Arc de Triomphe.
Locate and view the top museums on museum map. Louvre Museum, Musée d'Orsay.
Locate and view the top sights on sightseeing map.
Locate and view Disneyland top attractions on Disneyland map.
Locate and view Versailles on Versailles map.